Thursday, August 10, 2017

Growing

Well, I just finished addressing my first set of wedding envelopes. I have told myself probably fifteen times that I would never do it again. Will I really never do it again? I probably will. It was easy money. I just get easily bored and think it's "time consuming". Or so I said it was. Probably because I did five, got up and watched whatever my mom was watching on tv, went and sat down and told myself to do the rest and did ten more and stopped. Repeat the previous statement ten times.



Almost a year a ago, I started getting into writing, calligraphy, pens, markers, the whole nine yards. I am OBSESSSSSED!... to say the least. It has been one of the craziest, most fun hobby I've ever had. Drew actually is the one that finally made the purchase to get me the good markers! I am forever grateful cause I sure as shit didn't want to spend the money. I could have used the crayolas for all I cared.

I started out making calendars. Dry erase calendars, that is. Well, not really dry erase, I made them out of picture frames and the glass that comes with the frame. Whatever. I sold and made a couple of those and thought "Oh! I should really open up an Etsy page and sell them!" I opened that and closed it as quickly as it opened. 




I took opening and closing that page and making those calendars into a broader horizon and just started writing and making canvases. This is where my "business" started booming. Who am I kidding.. I do it whenever I want to do it and just make a couple dollars here and there. It's not a business. I totally wish it was though!

I have become totally obsessed with the idea of writing. Ahhemmm, why I started blogging again. And thanks to my old pal for make me start back up. (Shout out to Sarah)

Calligraphy and writing is just so relaxing. I go into my little happy place and enjoy the noises the markers make or just the silence. I focus so much on what it looks like (thank you OCD) that I don't think about anything going on around me, in my life, etc. It's a great get-away.



I couple weeks ago a little girl asked me for my advice on pens and markers and how to do calligraphy. This was one of my proudest moments because I am my worst enemy and think I am not very good. To hear from her that she wants to learn from me made me the happiest. I am looking forward to teaching her and watching her grow in the calligraphy world. I too and excited to learn more as I keep writing.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I was scouring your instagram just last night trying to teach myself your ways! <3

    ReplyDelete

Days Off

I don't think anyone else loves days off more than I do. Probably, but whatever. I love them so much! I use a lot of my days off to ref...